Jeerakashala / Basmati Rice 3 cups
White Rice/ Pachari 1/4 cup
Thin Coconut milk /second extract - about 5 cups
Ghee 2-3 tbsp
Thick Coconut Milk 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
1. Soak both the rices for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
2. Grind them along with Thin coconut milk. The consistency should be thinner than the Dosa dough.
3. Arrange a steamer on fire and a dish which could be placed inside the steamer easily. The size or shape of the dish doesn't matter.
4. Now mix ghee with the first extract of coconut milk well and keep it aside.
5. Line the dish to be placed inside the steamer with ghee and then start with the layers.
6.First pour a deep spoon/spatula full of dough into the dish. Then cover with a lid. The lid should be slightly opened in one side so that the pathiris won't puff up and it disturbs layers. Wait till it cooks well for about 3-4 mts.
8. Once it is over, cool the pathiris nicely before you unmould them. Run knife through the sides and umnould carefully. You can cut this in triangles and serve.
** I usually keep two steamers at a time so that I could do it faster.
Sending this to CWS-Rice event hosted by Priya & co-hosted by Kaarasaram