Boneless meat or mince 500g
Chana Dal 1/2 cup
Ginger, chopped 1 tbsp
Garlic,chopped 1 tbsp
Potato boiled 1 medium
Whole red chillies 3-4
Whole pepper corns 2 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Egg, boiled and chopped 3 tbsp
Onion, finely chopped 3 tbsp
Coriander leaves, finely chopped 1 tbsp
Green chillies 3no.s
1. Pressure cook boneless meat, chana dal,whole red chillies and chopped ginger & garlic until meat is done. If you are using chicken, soak dal for atleast half an hour before cooking.
2. When meat is done, add garam masala to the cookeer and dry up all the liquid in high flame. Let it cool.
3. Grind meat alongwith the cooked ingredients in a blender or food processor to make a paste. Add boiled potato and lemon juice to it and blend again. Break one egg into this mixture. Mix well.
4. Mix the ingredients listed under the heading 'Stuffing' together and keep aside.
5. Now, take a portion of kebab dough, flatten to a circle, keep a tsp of stuffing mixture on it and cover the dough . Gently shape it like cutlets/patties.
6. You can either freeze your patties* or fry it as and then. Shallow fry these patties until it turns brown on both the sides. Serve hot with mint chutney or ketchup.
You can follow the same tips to freeze mentioned here.
Some dips these kebabs in eggwhites before frying. Choice is yours.
Any meat can be used- Chicken, beef or mutton.