Was really busy these days with my parents and sisters in Abu Dhabi that I couldn't post anything special this Ramadan. Let me start with he basic meat filling which is used almost in all malabar snacks. We stock this in the freezer usually for 1 or 2 months so that we can make any snacks when guests arrive in a short notice. If you are storing in a freezer bag, you can beat with a roller pin so that you get it separated or if storing in a container, just use a fork or knife to separate it. You can use this for toasted sandwiches too..
Beef/Mutton 500 gm
Ghee 1 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Garlic 5 cloves
Ginger 1" piece
Green Chilli 6-10
Turmeric powder 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Curry leaves few
1. Cut the onions lengthwise into 2 or 3 equal parts and then slice them.
2. Cook the meat till done in a pressure cooker alongwith salt,pepper and 1/2 a tsp of turmeric powder. Let it cool.
4. Now heat ghee and oil in a pan. Add the sliced onions to it and saute it for a while till it turns translucent. Add ginger-garlic & green chilli paste to it. It'll take about 10 mts or so in medium -high flame. Adjust the flame so that there is no moisture left in the pan.
5. Now add salt and turmeric powder to it. Mix in the shredded meat to it.
6. Season with the remaining spices like pepper and garam masala. Pop in the Curry Leaves.