Cloud cake is a no-bake, flourless cake which is a summer dessert and perfect for special occassions, where you can prepare this ahead of 3-4 days and pop it in your freezer. This is as light as cloud and melts in mouth . The crunchiness of biscuit base with coconut flavour gives a tropical touch to the dessert. It was so difficuilt to click pictures to show its texture as it was melting, melting and melting... :( still i think I should post atleast one picture. Let me check if I could find one in the folders.
This was made by my sis Hanan and thank God that I was there to taste this awesome dessert. It was lightier than ice-cream and is good when you are expecting some guests and you are not sure about their time of visit. You can make this and dump it in your freezer; make sure to serve as soon as you take it out of the freezer.
For the base:
Biscuits( digestive,marie or any plain biscuits ) 150g
Butter 1 stick (1/2 cup)
Dessicated Coconut (dry coconut) 50g
Sugar 1 1/4cups
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence 1tsp
1. Line the base and sides of a spring form cake tin with baking paper or waxed paper to lift the cake out easily after freezing.
2. Crush the biscuits into crumbs. For this, put biscuits into the freezer bag or any plastic bag,seal it and then crush it using a rolling pin.
3. Mix well, the biscuits,melted butter and coconut in a bowl. Press firmly into the base of the tin. Keep this tin in the freezer till you prepare your filling.
4. Blend all the remaining ingredients in a dry bowl of electric mixer/blender/juice machine on high speed for about 5-8minutes until the mixture turns thick and fluffy . The sugar should be dissolved by then. To test, take a bit of mixture and rub it between your fingers and if you don't feel grainy sugar, it's done.
5. Pour this mixture in the prepared tin and wrap it with a baking paper or foil . Freeze it for atleast 4 hours or until set. You can store this in airtight containers for a month or so.
Serve this with fresh berries or canned berry topping.
*use a large blender as eggwhites once beaten,increases its volume .