I don't read . I don't read books, I don't read any novels. I don't read newspapers. The list goes on and the fact is that I read nothing. I hate this habit of mine ;because of which I don't get to expose to what's going on in the outer world ; nor I get to improve my writing or clear my children's doubts. Thank God that they have their 'Genie DAD' ;) . But I did read story books to my kids when they were small . Got them all sort of books when and where they demanded. Offered many a things when they read newspapers and so now, they read a lot. I've to snatch books from them when guests are home or while eating. Now we started fighting for magazines;Noora read articles, while I look for recipes. I felt some sort of embarassment there. Yesterday I thought I would read something from the 'Friday' magazine and I read whole 3 articles. I enjoyed reading and they motivated me a lot. I shall keep on doing this. The articles were about World Dwarf Games Champion, MMUN child ambassadors and a cancer survivor.The story was not about how Dianne fought her disease or how she survived or whether did she really destroy her enemy. Instead this was about how she took this reality into her life; how she decided to live her life instead of mourning; how she organised her life party instead of funeral,which would be after her death and she wouldn't be enjoying. That was a damn bold attempt. She celebrated her life, met all her friends and relatives,danced,enjoyed and thanked all those who had helped her somewhere in her life-journey. This article as well as Joby's(arm wrestling champion) inspired me a lot. We are among those few lucky people, who got all those blessings of this life with able body and good family (Masha Allah) and we don't recognize it's importance or fail to thank God at times. We shall make full use of this wonderful life and live for the purpose and do something fruitful in this life. We should concentrate on living our life to the fullest rather than abusing this life.
Cinnabon is a famous brand cafe-chain who makes cinnamon rolls topped with cream cheese frosting. They make such delectable rolls that it just melts in mouth. I felt this recipe could do justice to atleast 80-85 % of the original one and is so delicious that you won't be able to stop with just one. I didn't had the bread machine or bread machine yeast, but still it tasted great . Measure your ingredients correctly and follow the technique as it is described below:
Warm Milk 1 cup
Bread flour 4 1/2 cups
Yeast 2 1/2tsp
Brown Sugar 1cup,packed
Ground Cinnamon 2 1/2tbsp
Cream cheese 3oz ,softened
Confectioners'sugar 1 1/2cups
Vanilla essence 1/2tsp
1. Mix yeast in 1/4 cup warm milk and let it rest for a few minutes till bubble appears on top. Don't mix yeast with spoon. Let it stand like that for few minutes.
2. Take milk in a mixing bowl, add eggs,salt,yeast mix and sugar. Mix well. Add flour and melted margarine to it. Mix it and prepare dough. Keep on kneading for atleast 6 minutes. You might get tempted to stop before that, but you shall not dare to do that. The dough will be sticky. You can grease your hands with melted margarine,but little.
3. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let it rest till it doubles in size.ie; for about 2 hours or more.
|The dough doubled in size in the second picture and you can see the hand imprint on the third. This is how it looked after rising.|
4. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
|sorry for poor lighting. It was clicked at night.|
6. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking,beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
Serving Suggestions: Top with Chocolate chips,curls, chocolate sauce, pecans,walnuts,caramel etc.