Merry X'mas to all of u...I know that it's a bit early; bt ma exams are on the way & I wanted to post something before that, for the x'mas. But still the festive season has begun and you can see the Santas & X'mas trees all over. Ma kids are also busy collecting them.You can see ma daughter's Santa in one of the pictures below. She painted it & now it's there on her table since a week ..
A bit busy now, so going directly to the recipe ....so mch to type... :))
For the honey sponge:
5 egg yolks
Salt 4 gm
Flour 75 gm
Baking powder 5 gm
Egg Whites 5
Sugar 125 gm
Melted butter 90g
Strawberry Jam 30gm
For the Strawberry Ripple with Mascarpone cream
Mascarpone cheese 150g
Icing sugar 20 g
Egg Yolks 1
Heavy Cream 150g
Strawberry puree 55ml
sugar 15 g
Egg yolks 2
Fresh strawberry, chopped 35g
- To make the sponge, whisk the egg yolks until slightly thickened.Continue to whisk as you slowly add the salt and honey. Whisk this mixture until it has risen and is pale in colour.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the yolk mixture. Gently fold in.
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar in a separate mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the flour and yolk mixture to the egg white mixture and gently fold in until completely incorporated. Lastly, fold in the melted butter.
- Spread the batter about 1 cm thick onto a 40*60 cm baking sheet pan. Bake in the oven at 210C oven for abt 6 mts. Set aside.
- When completely cooled, spread the strawberry jam evenly on the sponge and roll into a long cylinder resembling a swiss roll. Place in the freezer until it sets, then cut the roll into slices about 2 cm thick.You have to roll it carefully & tightly..cos this is the roll which is seen while serving & it should be perfect. This was my first attempt; so i think i would 've done more neatly.But the taste was awesome!!
- Spray bowl shaped mould with non-stick spray and dust with a small amount of sugar. Line the bottom of the mould with the Swiss roll slices and set aside. I used ramekins;bt not bowl shaped.
- To make the strawberry ripple, in a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar, and the two egg yolks. Beat the mixture until smooth and set aside.
- Whisk the heavy cream in a separate bowl until light and fluffy.Set aside.
- In a saucepan place the strawberry puree and sugar over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin until fully dissolved.
- Ina a separate bowl, whisk the four egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture rises and is pale in colour.
- Gently fold the mascarpone mixture into the yolks, then fold in the strawberry mixture, and lastly the whipped cream. Fold until everything is fully incorporated, but don't overwork the mixture.
- Put this mixture into the previously prepared mould.Set in the freezer.
- When ready to serve invert the mould onto serving plate and garnish with fresh strawberry or raspberry; though i used frozen...:))
Verdict: Next time I would make half the qty of the mascarpone cream...as i didn't lik too mch of it..
Oops!! forgot to mention about ma first ever award..All thanx to Sujana!! This 'Sunshine Award' was passed on to me by Sujana from Sujana's World & I'm sharing this with all ma followers & fellow bloggers..It really means a lot to me & defenitely a source of inspiration. Please do check her blog.